Are you the next MIMS / Guild Intern of the Year? Do you work with Australia’s best Intern Pharmacist?
In addition to receiving the exclusive title of Intern of the Year, the winner will also receive a $4,500 cash bursary courtesy of MIMS Australia to pursue their pharmacy career.
Check out the past winners of the MIMS / Guild Intern of the Year and hear from MIMS / Guild Intern of the Year 2020, Angus Koerstz!
Nominations for MIMS / Guild Intern of the Year 2021 opens on Monday 1 November.
Who is eligible?
In order to be nominated, you must be enrolled in and successfully completed (or due to complete) the Pharmacy Guild of Australia Intern Training Program (Guild ITP) during the calendar year of the award.
Who can nominate?
- Supervising preceptors,
- A pharmacist or other pharmacy colleague,
- A Guild ITP clinical tutor, or
- Yourself! (self-nomination).
What does the nomination process entail?
You will be required to complete the nomination form, linked below – it takes less than 10 minutes to complete! Interns who have been nominated by a preceptor, employer or colleague will need to formally accept their nomination by completing the self-nomination.
Following the close date, all nominations will be reviewed by our judging panel against the award criteria and shortlisted Interns selected.
Shortlisted Interns will be notified and be invited to take part in an interview with our judging panel.
What is the timeline of the IOTY 2021?
- Nominations open: Monday 1 November 2021
- Nominations close: Monday 31 January 2022
- Intern shortlist notified: Friday 4 February 2022
- Intern shortlist interview: Monday 14 to Friday 18 February 2022
- Intern of the Year 2021 announced: Thursday 24 March 2022 at APP2022 on the Gold Coast