Select your state to view a list of available intern positions. Don’t forget to check back regularly as we frequently add new positions!
Intern Pharmacist 2022 – several QLD locations
Are you graduating in 2021 and looking to kick-start your Pharmacy Career with one of Australia’s most well-respected and well-known pharmacy brands?
Scaffidi Group are now recruiting for 2022 Intern Pharmacists to join their teams! We offer:
Ongoing training and development opportunities.
An award winning team with ongoing support from national head office.
Endless opportunities with stores held Australia wide!
About the opportunity:
Multiple fantastic opportunities are now available for 2021 graduating pharmacy students to join one of our Queensland stores as an intern pharmacist.
This 12 month position provides graduates with the opportunity to gain experience and develop knowledge and skills in a range of pharmacy services. As an Intern Pharmacist you will assist the Pharmacist in the successful operation of the dispensary.
Store options in Queensland for 2022 are:
Health Plus Chemists Roma
United Chemists Andergrove
United Chemists North Shore
To be eligible for this position you must have completed your Pharmacy Degree in 2021, ready to begin the internship in January of 2022. To be successful in applying for this opportunity, you will ideally possess the following:
Ability to undertake pre-registrant year in 2022
Strong communication skills among all stakeholders
Excellent customer service and dedicated work ethic
Ability to work well in a team and autonomously
Willingness to learn and grow with the business
Eye for detail and accuracy with the ability to follow instructions
POS and Dispense program knowledge will be highly regarded (FRED dispense ideal)
A desire to develop your career in community pharmacy with the Scaffidi Group.
The Scaffidi Group manages pharmacies across Australia including Adelaide, Brisbane and rural and regional sites in SA, NT, NSW, WA, QLD and VIC. Our group of pharmacies operate under three main brand banners- United Chemists, Priceline Pharmacy and Good Price Pharmacy Warehouse.
How To Apply:
If you have excellent communication skills, are willing to work hard and consolidate your learning in community pharmacy then, Apply Now!
Pharmacy Intern Positions Available – Stanthorpe, QLD
Pharmacy Intern Positions Available
Relocate to Stanthorpe and enjoy the benefits of relaxed country living and great lifestyle hours, while still having the opportunity to expand professionally in a busy rural pharmacy.
Several intern positions are available in the modern Amcal store.
In addition to above award wage $30 per hr plus Super, paid Intern Training Program and up to $1000 towards relocation costs, you will have the opportunity to gain experience across the many facets of community pharmacy including but not limited to:
– Dispensing and stock control
– Professional services
– Age care facilities and dose administration aids
– Sleep Services
– Opioid Replacement services
You will require:
– Bachelor degree or Masters in Pharmacy
– Excellent communication skills and customer service
– Passion to gain and improve on your skills as a pharmacist
– Dedicated work ethic
– Ability to perform well both in a team and autonomously
Stanthorpe is situated in the heart of the Granite Belt wine region of Queensland, and aside from the dozens of local wineries, it is renowned for its fresh produce, friendly community and four seasons.
Only 2.5 hours from Brisbane, and 3 hours from both the Gold Coast and Byron Bay, weekends away are always convenient.
This position will be subsidised through the Intern Incentive Allowance for Rural Pharmacies Program. The intern must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident to be eligible for this allowance.
Please forward resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Good Price Pharmacy Warehouse – multiple locations available
Good Price Pharmacy Warehouse are looking for enthusiastic intern pharmacists to join our patient-focused and professional team. Positions start in 2021 and 2022.
Our large format pharmacies are fast-paced, exciting stores suited to those who enjoy working in a team. Whilst working in a busy environment, you will be exposed to a broad range of clinical presentations and will have the benefit of learning from a large team of experienced staff.
Our intern pharmacists have the opportunity to participate in a customised intern development program. The program consists of numerous face-to-face modules developed in consultation with preceptors, students & recent graduates. The development program is designed to assist in the transition from student to pharmacist.
If you are excited about embarking on your career in community pharmacy, please send your resume, cover letter and indicate which location/s would suit you best to:
Pre Registration Pharmacist – Kenmore, QLD
Do you want to be part of an great team? Kenmore Amcal is looking for an enthusiastic and customer focused Pre-registration Pharmacist to join our team full time.
We are a busy, large footprint pharmacy based in a suburban shopping centre. With a high turnover in prescriptions and Webster Packs we have identified some excellent opportunities to grow our performance in this area even further. Gain experience working with dispensary robots, creating Webster Packs and more, unique to a large successful pharmacy like ours! We also stock a large fragrance selection, and offer beauty services run by our retail team. Join our outgoing, energetic, supportive, proactive and innovative team of 15 as we explore opportunities and make our Pharmacy so much more!
We are after a future pharmacist who has a passion to drive professional services and shares our values and beliefs regarding outstanding customer service, dedication to people’s health and exceptional professional knowledge.
The ideal candidate will have
· Strong communication skills
· A dynamic and charismatic personality with strong interpersonal skills
· A passion for professional services and a strong track record in professional services and achieving targets and results
· High confidence in interacting with customers and focusing on total solutions for health care
· Exceptional work ethic and professional standards
· Innovative ideas and enjoy thinking outside the box to find solutions to problems
· Good organisational skills, with the ability to get work done quickly while maintaining a strong attention to detail.
· Internal drive
If you believe that you will excel in our business, have a passion for pharmacy and believe you have what it takes to be successful than be sure to submit your application today!
Intern Pharmacist – Hervey Bay, QLD
Terry White Chemmart Urraween is located in the Family First Medical Center within close proximity to Hervey Bay’s Public and Private hospitals, pathology service and specialists.
Intern will have the opportunity to learn about all aspects of community pharmacy, forward dispensing and develop inter-professional collaboration with regular interaction with doctors and nurses.
Intern’s role will include: dispensing using Minfos; ordering & stock control; DAA’s (Healthstream & Suremed); NDSS; compounding; vaccinations and stage supply service.
We are seeking a friendly, diligent pharmacist intern to join our team.
Intern Position 2021 – Sarina, QLD
Terry White Chemmart Sarina is recruiting a pharmacist intern for 2021. We are a busy little rural pharmacy located on the coast in tropical QLD with access to many beautiful beaches. We are looking for an intern to experience all aspects of pharmacy including dispensing, excellent customer service, quality use of medicines, clinical pharmacy, DAA packing, med checks, vaccinations and lots more!
Our Ideal intern should have the following experience:
* Completed Bachelor of Pharmacy + Australia Residency
* Team player
* Passion to provide excellent customer service
* Proven ability to communicate clearly and build a good rapport with customers.
* Willing to learn and excell at all skills of pharmacy.
To apply please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pharmacy Intern Position – Hervey Bay, QLD
About the pharmacy and the role
The Friendlies Discount Pharmacies are a community owned organisation that opened on the 1st of October 1921. We offer the broadest range of community pharmacy healthcare services which includes sleep apnoea and independent living assistance while ensuring that each contact is an informative, precise and gratifying experience that will engender further business.
The applicant we are looking for should have good communication skills and be willing to remove themselves from the dispensary to speak to our members. As our pharmacy is community owned and our primary focus is customer health outcomes, not the bottom dollar, you will be required to demonstrate a high level of clinical counselling and effective communication. Our dispensary is clinically focused and you will get opportunities to carry out Medscheck and utilise your clinical knowledge.
Benefits & Culture:
- Easy 3.5-hour drive from Brisbane.
- Great beaches and spot for fishing, jet-skiing if you like the outdoors
- Working with a team of 3 or more experienced pharmacists. An opportunity to acquire business acumen skills which can help you to move into the management position
- An environment to further your skills (i.e. compounding, webster packing, clozapine clinic, health promotions, stock control, clinical counselling and sleep apnoea
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- A focused attitude to learn
- Demonstrate a high level of clinical knowledge and effective communication
- Positive and enthusiastic work ethic
- Experience in working at a community pharmacy is desirable
- Strong ability to work well in a team
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately while marinating a high standard of work
- Assist pharmacist with carrying out Medscheck and PharmaPrograms
- Full time ( 38 hours)
- Jobs start immediately after confirmation
- If you believe you are suitable for this role please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
- Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Intern Pharmacist – Cooloola Coast, QLD
Looking for an intern pharmacist who is wanting to learn all aspects of community pharmacy and be mentored in management and business aspects as well if they were interested. We are a service focused pharmacy that offers vaccination services and sleep apnea testing along with medschecks diabetes medschecks. We are looking for an intern keen to get out and use their skills to educate patients and connect with the community. We can offer a flexible roster with no Sunday and only occasional Saturday work.
Rent assistance also offered.
Intern Pharmacist 2022 – Taringa QLD
We are currently looking for a motivated and customer service focused 4th year Pharmacy Student to join our team in 2022 as an Intern Pharmacist. We are a busy day & night Pharmacy located in Brisbane’s inner west.
The primary role of the Intern Pharmacist is to perform tasks under Pharmacist supervision to the standards set by The Pharmacy Board of Australia, The Pharmacy Guild and QCPP. Their responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
• Support the dispensing Pharmacist through the performance of clerical duties in a timely and accurate manner.
• Assist in accurate dispensing of medications
• Provide Professional patient counseling.
• Provide general dispensary administrative support.
• Perform clerical functions associated with the prescription dispensing, including the entering of prescription records, provided that a Pharmacist personally checks each patient’s medical history before the dispensed medicine is supplied.
• Assist in the Preparation of Medication packs for community/nursing home patients
• Ordering and unpacking Dispensary stock.
• Participate in the Guildcare Programs such as Clinical interventions and Meds Checks.
• Assist in sorting and finalising the claim
To be considered you must possess the following:
• Completed a Bachelor degree or Masters in Pharmacy
• Ability to undertake pre-registrant year immediately
• Strong communication skills among all stakeholders
• Excellent customer service
• Dedicated work ethic
• Willingness to learn and grow with the business
• Sound product and health solution knowledge is preferable
• Experience in Dispensing medications
• Experience in Medication packing
• Schedules counter & diagnosis of ailments experience;
• Eye for detail and accuracy
• Ability to provide excellent service, and build rapport with customers.
• Ability to work well in a team and autonomously
• Reliable, punctual and enthusiastic work ethic;
• References essential.
We are seeking a full-time Intern Pharmacist who possesses an exceptional work ethic, high professional standards and a personal drive that surpasses all other candidates. Your enthusiasm, ambition and genuine desire to achieve a high standard of excellence in both service and patient outcomes will see you shining above the rest. You possess natural leadership qualities, confident communication skills and display a keen sense of initiative that will be called upon often – because your ideas and contribution towards improving or enhancing our business will always be valued.
In return, we will work closely with your Preceptor to assist in the development of those areas which will complement your ongoing studies and understanding of this industry. This will include developing your understanding of the professional protocols, business acumen and general retailing skills. You will be accountable to the Pharmacy Manager & Proprietor and whilst award rates will apply, we offer flexible working conditions, ongoing training and development and a great team environment.
If you see yourself working within this fast paced retail environment, have a passion for this Industry and possess the necessary skills and service focus required to make you stand out from other applicants, then we want to hear from you!
Intern Position – Sunshine Coast
Relocate to the Stunning Sunshine Coast and enjoy the benefits of the Coast and the surrounding Hinterlands. You will be working in an excellent working and learning environment.
The chosen intern pharmacist should be enthusiastic about learning in our patient focused Professional team.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:-
– Bachelor Degree in Pharmacy to be completed prior to commencement as an intern.
– Be able to obtain provisional registration as a Pharmacist with APHRA
– Enrol in a Pharmacy Intern Training Program prior to commencement
– Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
– Must have attention to detail
– Enthusiatic and eager to learn plus ability to take instruction
– Dedicated to assisting customers with improving their health and well being
– Ability to be flexible