Select your state to view a list of available intern positions. Don’t forget to check back regularly as we frequently add new positions!
PHARMACY INTERN POSITION – HERVEY BAY
About the pharmacy and the role
The Friendlies Discount Pharmacies are a community owned organisation that opened on the 1st of October 1921. We offer the broadest range of community pharmacy healthcare services which includes sleep apnoea and independent living assistance while ensuring that each contact is an informative, precise and gratifying experience that will engender further business.
The applicant we are looking for should have good communication skills and be willing to remove themselves from the dispensary to speak to our members. As our pharmacy is community owned and our primary focus is customer health outcomes, not the bottom dollar, you will be required to demonstrate a high level of clinical counselling and effective communication. Our dispensary is clinically focused and you will get opportunities to carry out Medscheck and utilise your clinical knowledge.
Benefits & Culture:
- Easy 3.5-hour drive from Brisbane.
- Great beaches and spot for fishing, jet-skiing if you like the outdoors
- Working with a team of 3 or more experienced pharmacists. An opportunity to acquire business acumen skills which can help you to move into the management position
- An environment to further your skills (i.e. compounding, webster packing, clozapine clinic, health promotions, stock control, clinical counselling and sleep apnoea
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- A focused attitude to learn
- Demonstrate a high level of clinical knowledge and effective communication
- Positive and enthusiastic work ethic
- Experience in working at a community pharmacy is desirable
- Strong ability to work well in a team
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately while marinating a high standard of work
- Assist pharmacist with carrying out Medscheck and PharmaPrograms
- Full time ( 38 hours)
- Jobs start immediately after confirmation
If you believe you are suitable for this role please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Intern Pharmacist – Maryborough
Intern Pharmacist – Priceline Pharmacy Station Square – Maryborough, Qld
Priceline Pharmacy Station Square is seeking a passionate Intern Pharmacist to join our dynamic team for 2021.
• Will you have a pharmacy degree and be eligible to meet the AHPRA registration requirements?
• Are you eager to begin your career with one of Australia’s leading pharmacy brands?
• Are you seeking a challenging environment?
• Are you driven to develop a successful career?
Your Intern year is a milestone in your education, as well as a learning opportunity towards your future career as a Pharmacist.
You will be working in modern store ( re-fitted in Feb 2016). This position offers you the opportunity to work in a busy dispensary equipped with a Rowa Vmax dispensing robot alongside a dispensary team consisting of 4 other experienced pharmacists and 5 experienced dispensary assistants.
Your role as the Intern Pharmacist is to perform tasks under the Pharmacist’s supervision while completing an approved intern training program. You will also support the team in providing a great customer experience, timely and relevant advice on health products, provision of health screening services and promoting Priceline Pharmacy as the destination for Health and Beauty.
This position is full-time and flexibility in working hours is essential as you may be required to work every second Saturday.
Maryborough, friendly community with population approximately 26,000, is located on the Bruce Highway, 260km north of Brisbane. It has multiple daily Tilt Train and Bus services to Brisbane. Hervey Bay airport is only 30 minutes away and has daily direct flights to Brisbane & Sydney.
The remuneration for the job is between $54,000 to $56,000.
It’s regional – it’s NOT remote !!
If you think you are the intern we need, please send your application to: email@example.com
Good Price Pharmacy Warehouse are looking for enthusiastic intern pharmacists to join our patient-focused and professional team.
Our large format pharmacies are fast-paced, exciting stores suited to those who enjoy working in a team. Whilst working in a busy environment, you will be exposed to a broad range of clinical presentations and will have the benefit of learning from a large team of experienced staff.
Our intern pharmacists have the opportunity to participate in a customised intern development program. The program consists of numerous face-to-face modules developed in consultation with preceptors, students & recent graduates. The development program is designed to assist in the transition from student to pharmacist.
If you are excited about embarking on your career in community pharmacy, please send your resume, cover letter and indicate which location/s would suit you best to:
We have a position available for a full time intern pharmacist commencing in 2020 to work in our pharmacy in Bundaberg.
The successful candidate will be expected to undertake a variety of tasks in the dispensary and front shop with focus on patient care and service. This is an ideal opportunity for the successful candidate to learn all aspects of retail pharmacy under the guidance of two experienced owner-pharmacists.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor Degree in Pharmacy to be completed prior to commencement as an intern
• Be able to obtain provisional registration as a pharmacist with AHPRA
• Enrol in a Pharmacy Intern Training Program prior to commencement
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
• Must have attention to detail
• Enthusiastic and eager to learn and able to take instruction
• Dedicated to assisting customers with improving their health and well-being
• Must have the right to live and work in Australia
Bundaberg is located 4.5 hours drive from Brisbane. Direct flights to Brisbane are available.
Applicants should send their resume and academic record to Adam Harradine at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are seeking a full-time Intern Pharmacist who possesses an exceptional work ethic, high professional standards and a personal drive that surpasses all other candidates. Your enthusiasm, ambition and genuine desire to achieve a high standard of excellence in both service and patient outcomes will see you shining above the rest. You possess natural leadership qualities, confident communication skills and display a keen sense of initiative that will be called upon often – because your ideas and contribution towards improving or enhancing our business will always be valued.
In return, we will work closely with your Preceptor to assist in the development of those areas which will complement your ongoing studies and understanding of this industry. This will include developing your understanding of the professional protocols, business acumen and general retailing skills. You will be accountable to the Pharmacy Manager & Proprietor and whilst award rates will apply, we offer flexible working conditions, ongoing training and development and a great team environment.
If you see yourself working within this fast paced retail environment, have a passion for this Industry and possess the necessary skills and service focus required to make you stand out from other applicants, then we want to hear from you!
Enjoy the best of both worlds – rainforests one way and beautiful beaches with great fishing the other. Sarina DDS is looking for an intern to join their team and experience the opportunities that lie outside of metropolitan areas.
It is a part of the Douglas Chemists Group which opened its first Pharmacy in 1972, and has now grown to over 26 Community Pharmacies located throughout Queensland, New South Wales, and ACT, with various brands like Priceline, Good Price Pharmacy, Discount Drug Stores, Soul Pattinson as well as Independents. There are long term career opportunities available in our well-established business and we have a proven track record or growing and developing our people.
In order to be successful, you must:
Have a genuine care and concern for people
Have the confidence to speak with a variety of people of all ages, genders and nationalities.
Have excellent spoken and written English
Be naturally optimistic
Work in a fast-paced environment
Work well with our customers
We can promise you:
– A Structured and Supported Intern Training Program
– Mentoring in-store from the managing partner and from our Group Professional Services Pharmacist
– A great opportunity to expand your knowledge and accelerate your career by being exposed to a variety of traditional and non-traditional pharmacist responsibilities
– Security in a long standing pharmacy group and future opportunities for full time pharmacist positions within the group
So if you are interested in joining a community pharmacy, who is engaged in the local community and will provide you with a great environment to learn and grow then please apply.
Intern Position – Sunshine Coast
Relocate to the Stunning Sunshine Coast and enjoy the benefits of the Coast and the surrounding Hinterlands. You will be working in an excellent working and learning environment.
The chosen intern pharmacist should be enthusiastic about learning in our patient focused Professional team.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:-
– Bachelor Degree in Pharmacy to be completed prior to commencement as an intern.
– Be able to obtain provisional registration as a Pharmacist with APHRA
– Enrol in a Pharmacy Intern Training Program prior to commencement
– Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
– Must have attention to detail
– Enthusiatic and eager to learn plus ability to take instruction
– Dedicated to assisting customers with improving their health and well being
– Ability to be flexible
Intern Position – Toogoolawah
Toogoolawah Pharmacy has 2 full-time preceptors to mentor an intern. The pharmacy offers a vaccination program, sleep apnoea clinic and other primary care services. We are located 90 minutes from the Sunshine Coast and Brisbane. The successful applicant will be able hone their skills in a friendly and professional environment.
Intern Pharmacist – Hervey Bay
Terry White Chemmart Urraween is located in the Family First Medical Center within close proximity to Hervey Bay’s Public and Private hospitals, pathology service and specialists.
Intern will have the opportunity to learn about all aspects of community pharmacy, forward dispensing and develop inter-professional collaboration with regular interaction with doctors and nurses.
Intern’s role will include: dispensing using Minfos; ordering & stock control; DAA’s (Healthstream & Suremed); NDSS; compounding; vaccinations and stage supply service.
We are seeking a friendly, diligent pharmacist intern to join our team.
Intern Position 2021
Terry White Chemmart Sarina is recruiting a pharmacist intern for 2021. We are a busy little rural pharmacy located on the coast in tropical QLD with access to many beautiful beaches. We are looking for an intern to experience all aspects of pharmacy including dispensing, excellent customer service, quality use of medicines, clinical pharmacy, DAA packing, med checks, vaccinations and lots more!
Our Ideal intern should have the following experience:
* Completed Bachelor of Pharmacy + Australia Residency
* Team player
* Passion to provide excellent customer service
* Proven ability to communicate clearly and build a good rapport with customers.
* Willing to learn and excell at all skills of pharmacy.
To apply please send resumes to email@example.com
Looking for an intern pharmacist who is wanting to learn all aspects of community pharmacy and be mentored in management and business aspects as well if they were interested. We are a service focused pharmacy that offers vaccination services and sleep apnea testing along with medschecks diabetes medschecks. We are looking for an intern keen to get out and use their skills to educate patients and connect with the community. We can offer a flexible roster with no Sunday and only occasional Saturday work.
Rent assistance also offered.
INTERN PHARMACIST for 2021
Bundaberg Discount Drug Store is a modern, locally owned, customer focused pharmacy. We are seeking a full-time Intern Pharmacist who possesses an exceptional work ethic, high professional standards and a personal drive that surpasses all other candidates. Your enthusiasm, ambition and genuine desire to achieve a high standard of excellence in both service and patient outcomes will see you shining above the rest. You possess natural leadership qualities, confident communication skills and display a keen sense of initiative that will be called upon often – because your ideas and contribution towards improving or enhancing our business will always be valued.
In return, we will work to assist in the development of those areas which will complement your ongoing studies and understanding of this industry. This will include developing your understanding of the professional protocols, business acumen and general retailing skills. We offer flexible working conditions, ongoing training and development and a great team environment with above award wages and financial support for your intern training program
If you have a passion for this Industry and possess the necessary skills and service focus required to make you stand out from other applicants, then we want to hear from you!
Intern Pharmacist 2021
We are currently looking for a motivated and customer service focused 4th year Pharmacy Student to join our team in 2021 as an Intern Pharmacist. We are a busy day & night Pharmacy located in Brisbane’s inner west.
The primary role of the Intern Pharmacist is to perform tasks under Pharmacist supervision to the standards set by The Pharmacy Board of Australia, The Pharmacy Guild and QCPP. Their responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
• Support the dispensing Pharmacist through the performance of clerical duties in a timely and accurate manner.
• Assist in accurate dispensing of medications
• Provide Professional patient counseling.
• Provide general dispensary administrative support.
• Perform clerical functions associated with the prescription dispensing, including the entering of prescription records, provided that a Pharmacist personally checks each patient’s medical history before the dispensed medicine is supplied.
• Assist in the Preparation of Medication packs for community/nursing home patients
• Ordering and unpacking Dispensary stock.
• Participate in the Guildcare Programs such as Clinical interventions and Meds Checks.
• Assist in sorting and finalising the claim
To be considered you must possess the following:
• Completed a Bachelor degree or Masters in Pharmacy
• Ability to undertake pre-registrant year immediately
• Strong communication skills among all stakeholders
• Excellent customer service
• Dedicated work ethic
• Willingness to learn and grow with the business
• Sound product and health solution knowledge is preferable
• Experience in Dispensing medications
• Experience in Medication packing
• Schedules counter & diagnosis of ailments experience;
• Eye for detail and accuracy
• Ability to provide excellent service, and build rapport with customers.
• Ability to work well in a team and autonomously
• Reliable, punctual and enthusiastic work ethic;
• References essential.