Select your state to view a list of available intern positions. Don’t forget to check back regularly as we frequently add new positions!
We have a position for one intern pharmacist at our small coastal town, Denmark, WA. Denmark is 45km away from the city of Albany and about 5 hours South of Perth. Denmark is known for its beautiful beaches and was the location for the film Breath.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in our rural pharmacy alongside three qualified pharmacists with varied experience.
We are a customer focused pharmacy so you will be spending a lot of time counselling and interacting with our regular customers.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor Degree in Pharmacy to be completed prior to commencement as an intern
• Be able to obtain provisional registration as a pharmacist with AHPRA
• Enrol in a Pharmacy Intern Training Program prior to commencement
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
• Must have a positive attitude and be a team player
• Needs to be enthusiastic and willing to learn and able to take instruction
• Dedicated to assisting customers with improving their health and well-being
• Must be legally able to live and work in Australia
The position will include Saturday work on alternate weekends.
Bindoon Pharmacy is a semi-rural pharmacy located in Bindoon, an easy 45 minute drive from Joondalup or Midland (even less once the Northlink project is finished in early 2020).
We have friendly and appreciative customers, and good relationships with local medical professionals. You will have the opportunity to gain experience across many aspects of community pharmacy whilst working alongside experienced pharmacists regularly involved in professional services such as Medschecks, vaccination services & CPOP. This is a great opportunity to experience the variety of requests and experiences that come with rural pharmacy.
The role includes, but is not limited to:
Dispensing and stock control
Providing professional services
Dose administration aids
Assisting with customer service queries
You will be required to possess:
Bachelor or Masters in Pharmacy
Excellent communication and customer service skills
Passion to gain and improve on your skills as a pharmacist
Dedicated work ethic
Eye for detail and accuracy
Ability to perform well both in a team and autonomously
Flexible start date December/January available
Please email applications including a cover letter and resume to Craig Lupton, Manager – email@example.com
Affinity Pharmacy – East Perth
We are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate individual to fill our intern position in November/December 2019.
Your role will include but not limited to:
– Serving customers
– Assisting with taking scripts in and handing scripts out
– Dispensing of prescriptions
– Counselling customers on medications
– Dosage administrations aid provision
– General dispensary administration
– General day to day pharmacy duties
During your internship program, we will provide you with interactive sessions on clinical pharmacy, practice oral examination and a dedicated onsite preceptor.
Please send your CV and application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Amcal Community Pharmacy – Como
Pre-registration Intern Pharmacist Starting in December 2019
Community Pharmacy is looking for a patient-focused Intern Pharmacist for a position where you will be mentored and encouraged to bring your qualifications to a higher level.
We encourage you to apply if:
• You are currently in your final year of study (Bachelor or Master of Pharmacy).
• You have effective communication skills, attention to detail and are a team player
• You are always learning and committed to your on-going personal and professional development.
• In addition, you are flexible to meet the operational requirements of the pharmacy (7-day trading), including early starts, late finishes and weekend/public holiday work as per roster.
You will be working closely with the Pharmacy Manager and other pharmacy team members and you will be:
• providing exceptional Patient Care and service,
• dispensing prescriptions in accordance with Pharmacy Board regulations,
• supporting the day to day running of the dispensary,