The College ITP provides interns with a number of opportunities to prepare for both the Australian Pharmacy Council (APC) written examination and the Pharmacy Board of Australia (PBA) oral examination. Choose the College ITP and receive the following in exam preparation support:
- Exclusive College intern only MCQ practice exam modules to help you prepare for the APC written exam.
- ‘Mock written examination’ exercises in workshops, to provide you with the necessary hints, tips and strategies for success!
- Dedicated oral exam preparation workshop day– fully interactive with case scenarios and discussions on each of the four key areas of the PBA oral exam.
- Written assignments as part of the College ITP provide targeted written and oral exam preparation.
- Support and friendly advice from our highly accessible College clinical tutors.
The College ITP workshops are an integral part of the College training experience, allowing interns an opportunity to meet with peers and learn in an interactive group environment. The College ITP comprises of two, two-day workshops which are spaced strategically throughout the year, so that they may assist you in preparing for your written and oral exams. The College ITP workshops fulfil the mandatory Australian Pharmacy Council requirement for interns to attend a minimum of 25 hours of face-to-face workshops throughout the year.
For convenience, workshops are held face to face in all states and territories as well as online. Multiple workshop options are available in capital cities to allow for smaller class sizes and increased interactivity.
A summary of the College ITP workshops can be found HERE.
Attending APP or Pharmacy Connect is not a compulsory part of the College ITP. It is, however, highly recommended that you attempt to attend at least one of these events to take advantage of your complimentary registration as a College Intern and make the most of your intern year. We understand that travelling and re-arranging work commitments may impede on your ability to attend so there is no need to attend the entire conference – simply choose a day and time that best suits you and treat yourself to an unparalleled opportunity to network with industry experts, suppliers and fellow interns from around the country!
The Australian Pharmacy Professional Conference and Trade Exhibition (APP), is held each year in March from Thursday to Sunday. Visit the APP website to find out more.
Pharmacy Connect is held over a weekend in September. Visit the Pharmacy Connect website to find out more.
Yes! The College ITP understands the financial pressures that interns face when embarking on full-time careers. The College ITP provides interns with a number of payment options, so you can choose a plan that suits you best.
Option 1: Single payment of $1855 inc GST
Option 2: 6 Monthly instalments of $309.16 inc GST
Option 3: 8 Monthly instalments of $231.87 inc GST
Better yet, there are no extra or hidden fees applicable!
No*, you can enrol in the College ITP while you are waiting for your provisional registration and practice site to be approved by AHPRA. The College ITP will follow up with you to obtain the necessary documents to finalise your enrolment once you have received them.
*Please note that your provisional registration and supervised practice site must be approved by AHPRA before commencing College ITP course requirements.
For more information about applying for provisional registration and approval of supervised practice sites, please visit the Pharmacy Board of Australia website.
Yes! Your preceptor is automatically provided with:
- A comprehensive College ITP preceptor manual which details the program in its entirety, including useful recommendations and advice.
- FREE access to four (4) x APC accredited CPD online educational modules to support preceptors in their role of effectively mentoring intern pharmacists.
- Phone and email support from College ITP Pharmacist tutors
View our Preceptor page
If Pharmacists would like to know any more about becoming a preceptor please refer to the Pharmacy Board of Australia website.
Yes! Once an overseas trained Pharmacist has completed the relevant APC requirements and has an approved supervised practice site and provisional registration with AHPRA they can commence the College ITP.
Ensure an easy pathway to an Australian community pharmacy career when you complete the College’s Foundations of Australian Community Pharmacy Course.
For convenience, the College ITP workshops are held face to face in all states and territories as well as online. Multiple workshop options are available in capital cities to allow for smaller class sizes and increased interactivity. Find out more.
Yes, it is an AHPRA requirement that all intern pharmacists have Professional Indemnity Insurance.
The good news is, you can access this insurance for FREE through PDL insurance. See their website for more information http://www.pdl.org.au/pharmacy-students-and-interns-membership-insurance
If you want a high-value Intern Training Program that delivers challenging content in a flexible and supportive learning environment, and provides a range of optional educational extras with a variety of payment options, then there’s no time to waste – the College ITP is for you!
With an online form and straight-forward process, there’s nothing stopping you from enrolling right now!
Simply follow this 4-step process!
- Apply for provisional registration, approved practice site and approved preceptor to AHPRA
- Enrol in the College ITP online at www.internpharmacist.com.au/enrol
- Keep an eye on your inbox for your College ITP ‘Welcome Email’, which will outline the next steps towards finalising your College ITP enrolment. You will be required to provide the following documentation:
- Provisional registration details from AHPRA
- Copy of Pharmacy Degree or academic transcript (or KAPS skills assessment letter)
- Signed intern/preceptor ITP agreement form
- Payment details form
- Once your provisional registration and preceptor have been approved, your enrolment process is complete. Your College Learner Portal will be activated and you can look forward to kickstarting the next exciting chapter in your pharmacy career as an Intern Pharmacist!
The College ITP program offers a flexible course structure with written components that can be completed at your own pace.
- FEBRUARY INTAKE – Commences 1 February annually
- MID-YEAR INTAKE – Commences 1 August annually