The Guild ITP is designed to seamlessly incorporate on-the-job learning combined with practical self-directed learning exercises, written assignments, Pharmacy Board of Australia mandated requirements as well as face-to-face workshops.
The program has been designed with our interns in mind, so we offer a flexible course structure that can be completed in as little as six months, or paced out over nine months depending on your needs.
Enrolment and Course Dates
How you will learn
The Guild ITP has been designed with the dynamic workplace schedule of an intern pharmacist in mind. A range of learning activities are integrated throughout the year to consolidate and build upon the knowledge acquired through undergraduate training. Learning and assessment activities complement ‘on-the-job’ experiences whilst challenging interns to develop their skills and confidence as healthcare professionals.
- Work collaboratively in small group environments
- Facilitated by experienced, knowledgeable and supportive pharmacist tutors
- Two workshops per year, each workshop comprising of two days of learning. Held in capital cities
- Case studies and problem solving scenarios with an emphasis on providing patient centred care and Quality Use of Medicines
- Extend and apply knowledge across varied clinical areas
- Discuss practical approaches to day-to-day professional, legal and ethical pharmacy practice
- Both multiple choice questions (online) and short-answer submissions with personalised feedback from tutors
- Two assignments per year
- Provides structure to the intern training year, to ensure all competency standards are demonstrated
- Incorporates Pharmacy Board of Australia mandatory requirements for general registration
- Includes formal preceptor evaluation processes to track development throughout the year
- Allows interns to focus on areas of interest whilst demonstrating their transition to competence as a pharmacist